dimarts, 11 de maig del 2010

Ho faig per disciplina o és que ja em va bé?

When I tell people I run every day, some are quite impressed. "You really must have a strong will" they sometimes tell me. Of course, it's nice to be praised like this, but I don't think it's merely willpower that makes you able to do something. The world is'nt that simple. I think I've been able to run for more than twenty years for a simple reason: It suits me. Or at least because I don't find it all that painful. Human being naturally continue doing things they like, and stop doing what they don't like. No matter how strong a will a person has, no matter how much he may hate to lose, if it's an activity he doesn',t really care for, he won't keep it for long. Even if he did, it wouldn't be good for him.

1 comentari:

Per ha dit...

Las dos cosas creo yo. Si te va bien te animas a salir más, y sabes que aunque a veces cuesta un poco salir después todo es la gloria...
Después, una vez te has decidido salir regularmente, entra la disciplina en acción - pero solo porque sabes que vale la pena forzarte a salir por lo bien que te va.